An Easy Way to Delete a Cache File from a Computer
While working on a laptop or desktop, you may have noticed that the device has become sluggish. There can be many reasons for this. But, one of the reasons is definitely the cache file. Today we will learn “How to Delete a Cache File from a Computer” and “How to delete file explorer history”
Read More: How to use New beta version of Android 12
Cache files are temporary files created by the programs and systems you use. Although there is an easy way to delete such files that are full on the device, we do not delete them. This causes your computer to run out of space. It starts moving slowly.
So it is necessary to delete the cache file from time to time. Deleting a cache file can slow down your computer and laptop and cause various other problems. So here we are teaching you the easy way to delete a cache file in Windows 10.
Before that, it is important to understand that there are two types of cache files. Including a temporary file and another file explorer history. So here we are first learning how to delete a temporary file cache.
How to Delete a Cache File from a Computer / How to delete a temporary file cache
- Click on the Start menu and search by typing ‘Disk Cleanup‘.
- Click on ‘Disk Cleanup’ that appears in the search results.
- Now tune the drive ‘C:’ and click on ‘OK’.
- After doing so, a box will open. Where you will see many options. Click on ‘Temporary files’. You can also choose to delete other files. But, that’s up to you.
- Once you have selected the file, click on ‘Clean Up System File’ at the bottom and click on ‘OK’ at the end.
It may take some time for your file to be deleted. At the same time, your temporary file cache will be deleted.
How to delete file explorer history
- Click on File Explorer in the Windows taskbar. If File Explorer is not in the taskbar, you can search by clicking on the Start menu and typing File Explorer.
- Now click on ‘File Explorer’ which will show up in the search results.
- Open File Explorer and click on View.
- As soon as you click on ‘View’, you will see ‘Options’ on the right side. Click on that option.
- Clicking on the option will open a box. Click ‘Clear’ in the ‘Privacy’ section at the bottom of the General tab.
Doing so will delete all your Windows 10 file explorer history.