Complete Guide in Step by Step Learn How to Sync Photos From iPhone to Mac
There are many ways of how to sync photos from iPhone to Mac. The simplest and most recommended is to use iCloud which automatically syncs all your data. There are in-built apps too that you can use to easily sync your photos. You can choose to copy photos wirelessly or using a USB cable connecting your iPhone to the Mac.
There is also the option of choosing only specific photos to sync. Or you can organize your photos into albums and folders. All synced photos will appear in the Photosapp on your iPhone.
Sync photos from iPhone to Mac
Let us now look at how to sync photos from iPhone to Mac. If you are using iCloud, then you are all sorted. All your data including photos are automatically synced. But you can also sync them manually.
Here are the steps to follow:
Plug your iPhone (or any iOSdevice) to your Mac using a USB/USB-C cable. You can also wirelessly connect the two using Wi-Fi.
3. From the menu bar, select Photos. This option will not appear if you already have iCloud syncing activated.
4. Check the option “Sync photos to your device from” and choose your preferred folder or app from the drop-down menu alongside.
5. If you select the Photosapp, you have to confirm by checking “All photos and albums” or “Selected albums.” If you choose the latter, you will be taken to the list of folders from which you then have to select and mark the ones you want to sync.
6. If syncing from a folder, choose between “All folders” and “Selected folders.” For the latter option, select and mark the individual folders.
7. Also, check other suitable options like “Include videos” to sync your videos, and so on.
8. Once you have selected your options, click on “Apply.”
The syncing will start and once done, you can eject your device and unplug it.
You can have your iPhone and Mac sync automatically whenever they are connected. To activate this option, go to General > Automatically sync when [your device] is connected.
This is the simplest way of how to sync photos from iPhone to Mac if you are using iCloud.
Apart from iCloud and manual syncing, there are also other methods of how to sync photos from iPhone to Mac. Let us have a quick look:
1. Third-party apps
You can use a third-party app like MobiMover to do this as well. Download and install the MobiMover app on your Mac and use it to seamlessly transferdata between your iPhone and Mac. Open the app and follow the on-screen instructions. Check the App Store for similar apps.
Use the AirDrop feature on your Mac to wirelessly transfer your photos from iPhone to Mac. You need to wirelessly connect the two devices via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. Turn on AirDrop, allow your iPhone to be detected, and then go ahead with the syncing process from the Photosapp.
There are many ways to sync photos from iPhone to Mac. Using iCloud is most recommended. It enables you to continuously sync all your data including photos. Keep in mind that most of these methods will sync photos from your camera roll, except when you use a third-party app like MobiMover.