Ultimate Guide How to Unlock an iPhone with Forgotten Passcode
Now let us look at the various ways of how to unlock an iPhone:
Contact your carrier
Once your iPhone is unlocked, follow the below steps if you are moving to another carrier:
- Remove your old SIM card and insert the new one.
- Go ahead with setting up your iPhone.
If you are continuing with the same carrier:
- Ensure that your iPhone is backed up.
- Erase your iPhone.
- Restore your iPhone using your backup via iTunes or iCloud.
Restore your iPhone using iTunes
To restore your iPhone using iTunes, follow the below steps:
- Use the computer you last synced your iPhone with. Connect your iPhone to this computer.
- Open iTunes. Click on the iPhone icon under “Devices.” Click on “Summary.”
- The sync should start automatically. If not, initiate it manually and confirm.
- Click “Check for Update” to see if the latest iOS version is installed.
- Click on “Restore” and follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
- During the setup of your iPhone, choose the option “Restore from iTunes backup.” Select your device and the backup you want to use.
Restore your iPhone using iCloud
Here are the steps to follow:
- Open iCloud on another device and log in with your Apple ID and password.
- Go to Find My iPhone > All Devices. Select your iPhone.
- Tap on “Erase iPhone.” Enter your Apple ID and password again to confirm.
- Now use your last backup from iCloud and restore it to your iPhone.