Want to hide personal things on a laptop? Learn how to hide apps in Windows 10
How to hide apps in Windows 10: There are many things in our personal computers that we like to keep out of sight. In addition to emails, photos, videos, and documents, many times an application also needs to be hidden. But there is no benefit in keeping the app secret on the computer. Only Windows 10 OS users can avail this facility. For this, those who are interested should take the help of the Registry Editor. This allows him to easily keep an application hidden from the eyes of others.
Before using the registry editor, the interested person should make a specific restore point. Because many times the use of this technology can be noisy. As a result, users may face problems if they do not know the way to restore.
To use Registry Editor, go to the computer taskbar and type ‘Registry Editor’. After opening, you will receive an administrator permission request. In this case, select the ‘Yes’ option. When the Registry Editor window opens, some folders and sub-folders will appear in your left navigation panel. To navigate here, you need to use the following path:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Uninstall
- It can also be used by copying and pasting the above path into the address bar of the registry editor.
If you have a 32-bit application installed on your 64-bit device again, enter the registry path below –
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Wow6432Node \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion Uninstall
- Now the user will see a list of installed programs. In this case, follow the following procedure to hide any application.
1. Find and select the Google Chrome folder first.
2. Then right-click on the Google Chrome folder and go to the New option and enter the DWORD (32-bit) value.
3. Now rename the DWORD value to the newly added system component.
4. After changing the name, double-click on the entry to open the Value Dialog.
5. Now type 1 in the Value field and press ‘Ok’.
Following the above procedure will hide your Google Chrome application. To re-unhide the application, you need to delete the Dword Value.