Stolen phone? Don’t worry! Find your lost smartphone in this way, delete data while sitting at home
How to find your lost phone: Many times it happens that we forget about keeping our phone somewhere. Sometimes the phone is stolen or sometimes we drop our phone on our own. If you have forgotten to keep a phone somewhere in your home or office, then you can ask someone to call you. But, if your phone is lost somewhere outside, then there is a special feature in Android phones for this. With the help of this, phone locking can also be done and data can also be deleted from the phone.
Google provides the Find My Phone feature in Android phones. With the help of this, all the data of the lost Android phone can be deleted. With the help of this feature, Android users can locate the handset and can also lock it with the help of a PIN, passcode, or pattern. Also, you can leave a message on the screen. So that when someone gets this phone, he can contact you.
Here’s how to find your lost phone:
To find, lock and erase data from an Android phone, you have to take care of a few things. Missing phone must be turned on. Also, it is important for the user to be signed in to the Google account. Apart from this, it is very important to connect to the phone’s data or WiFi, to appear on Google Play, to have location settings turned on and Find My Device settings turned on. After all this, you have to follow these steps.
- First, go to android.com/find and sign in to your Google account. This will be the same account that you use in a lost phone. Once signed in, you will be able to see your phone in the top left corner. If you have multiple phones from the same account, select the one which is missing. Here you will get information about battery life and when the phone was last online.
2. After this, Google will tell you the approximate location of the handset on the map. If the phone’s present location is not found for any reason, Google will tell the last location of your phone.
3. If the place where your phone is located is nearby, then go there and select the Play Sound option. With this, even though your phone is on silent, nonstop will ring for 5 minutes.
4. If your phone is locked in an unknown area, please do not try to recover the phone from yourself. Rather take the support of the law. They can ask you for the IMEI code of the phone.
5. If you want to lock the screen, then select the Secure Device Option. With this, you will be able to lock the phone and will also be able to sign out of your Google account. Here, you can leave a message with your number on the screen so that when you get another person, they can contact you.
Also, you can also select the option of erasing the device here. This will delete all the data on your phone forever. But, keep in mind that Find My Device will not work on your phone after erasing all the data. Also, if the phone is offline, the process of erasing will start after coming online.