Here’s How to control memory, photos, and videos on Apple devices
The memory feature on Apple’s devices allows you to view older photos. Every day, photos you took on the same date last year or the year before coming to mind.
Some may find it fun to look at their old photos, while others may think that it would not have happened. In this case, Apple has given the option to control the memory on the device.
How to control memory in iOS 14 (iOS 14)
- If the photo/video you don’t want to see appears in the memory, long-press the photo/video and click on the ‘Suggest Fewer Memories Like This’ button at the bottom of the photo.
- Similarly, you can control the memory by going to the ‘For You’ section of the photo and clicking on the ‘Remove Sharing Suggestion’ option.
- To turn off new memory notifications, go to the Settings app.
- Go to the notification, click on the photo, go to the memory option and disable the ‘allow notification’ option.
- If you have added a photo widget to your mobile’s home screen, it will show the photos in the featured photo collection. To remove it, a long click on the feature photo where the message ‘Remove from featured photo’ pops up. Memory can be controlled by clicking on it.
How to control memory in iOS 15
The upcoming iOS 15 upgrade system has added a feature to place and removes individual photos for feature photos.
- Open the Photos app and click on the album icon.
- Click on the ‘People’ button at the bottom of ‘People and Place’ in the middle of the screen and click on the photo of the person you want to change the memory of.
- Click on the three dots at the top right of the screen, there will appear a pop-up menu. Which gives you the option to feature or remove someone.
- Then click on the ‘Feature This Person Less’ button, where you have two options, ‘Feature less’ or ‘Remove that photo from memory’. Click on the option you need.
- Similarly, if you click on ‘Remove This Person from People’, a suggestion for an album reset will appear and the deleted person’s photo will be cleared from all memory.
How to control memory on Mac
- Right-click on the photo and click on the ‘Suggest Fewer Memories Like This’ option. Now you get fewer reminders like this.
- Similarly, to turn off notifications for new memory, go to the Photos menu and click ‘Preferences’ at the top left of the screen.
- Uncheck ‘Show Memories Notifications’ and ‘Show Holiday Events’ under the General tab.
– From The Verge.