How to change group name on Facebook on your desktop or mobile
How to change group name on Facebook -If you have created a Facebook group, or someone else has made you the administrator of your group, you can rename that group.
Although Facebook does have some limitations, for the most part, you can call the group you want, as long as the name doesn’t violate Facebook community standards.
You can rename a Facebook group using a laptop, desktop, or mobile device. Read on to find out.
How to change the Facebook group name using your computer
To change the name of a Facebook group, you must be a group administrator, that is, you must be the person who created the group yourself or the group administrator by the creator of the group.
How to change the Facebook group name using your mobile device
The process is the same for a mobile device where you must be one of the group administrators to change the group name.
- Open the Facebook application on your iPhone or Android and tap the menu icon in the upper right corner of the screen, specified by three horizontal lines.
- Click “Group” and then touch the name of your group. If you’re having trouble finding it, tap “Your groups” and then scroll down to “Manage groups yourself”.
- In the upper right corner of the screen, tap the shield-like icon. Then tap “Group Settings” from the popup menu.
- Tap “Name and Description”.
- Touch the area under “Group Name” and enter the new name for your group. Once done, tap “Save” in the upper right corner.
Enter your new group name in the field.