UPI payment will be from WhatsApp, see how:-
WhatsApp has started UPI payments in India from Friday. The popular messaging company has been experimenting with this feature for over a year now. Finally the US company with this feature for all customers to overcome the legal hurdles. A statement issued by National Payments Corporation Limited said that WhatsApp’s UPI payment has been announced.
WhatsApp later said in a statement, “Money transactions can be made as easy as sending messages using simple methods.”
“Family members, loved ones and other people can be safely transferred to the bank via mobile without having to go to the bank,” WhatsApp said in a statement.
Money transaction method on WhatsApp
It is mandatory to have a bank account and a debit card for transactions through WhatsApp. Transactions will be done on WhatsApp through the UPI system. For security, you have to give a certain PIN before every transaction from WhatsApp.
Follow the procedure below to set up the account
1. Open WhatsApp on mobile and click on ‘Three Dot Menu’ at the top right.
2. Select ‘Payments’ and select the ‘Add Payments Method’.
3. This time a list of multiple banks will appear on the display.
4. After selecting the name of the bank, an SMS will be sent from the phone to find the bank account linked with your phone number.
5. Now you have to complete the verification by selecting ‘Verify Via SMS’.
6. Once the verification is complete, the payment setup can be started.
7. It is mandatory to have a PIN for UPI payment.
8. After that, you will see the name of your bank on the payment page.
How to transact money?
1. Open any chat on WhatsApp and tap on the ‘Attachment’ option.
2. Now select ‘Payment’ and write down the amount of money you want to send.
3. Enter the UPI PIN for the transaction.
4. You will receive a message after sending the money.
Only Android and iOS customers can use this feature in the latest version of WhatsApp.