When you own a new device, to know its basics, from the user interface to the basic system functions and features. While smartphone manufacturers have designed their products to be as user-friendly as possible, smartphone owners are also obliged to do their part and learn how to operate the device. This is a method that can pass the device to end-users.
And that’s what this post deals with. While this may not be necessary for the tenure of iOS users, those who have just moved from Android will need this information. Feel free to read and find out how to reset the basic system on the new Apple iPhone XR handset.
Before we go to our guide, if you found this post while trying to find a solution to a problem, then visit our iPhone XR troubleshooting page, because we have already solved some of the most common problems with this new iPhone Have given. There may already be articles that are similar to your problems.
How to soft reset on Apple iPhone XR
Soft resetting or restarting can solve a variety of software problems, particularly minor symptoms such as random app crashes and freezes. It works similar to a restart on a computer. In iOS devices, a soft reset is a way to clear temporary files and data that is stored as a cache between apps and the phone’s internal memory. More importantly, a soft reset does not affect the data stored on the phone. If you’re new to the iOS platform and got the iPhone XR as your first iOS device, soft resetting should be one of the basic system management methods you need to know about. And here is how it is done:
- First, hold down the power button, which is also known as the side button and the volume button of your iPhone for a few seconds.
- Release the button when the slide appears in the power-off command.
- Drag the power off slider to the right. By doing this, the phone turns off.
- After 30 seconds, press and hold the power button or the side button again until the Apple logo appears.
- Release the button as soon as you see the logo and allow your phone to finish its boot-up sequence.
How to restart Apple iPhone XR
A force restart is used to restart a frozen iPhone. As the name itself suggests, it forcibly closes and resumes apps and iOS. This is usually done when an app or phone automatically freezes and gets stuck. When the phone is stuck, the screen is not responding to touch, as the previous cannot be restarted. And this is when a force restart is required. Like soft resets, Force effectively restarts minor software errors from random app errors and system glitches without affecting the data saved on memory. On the new Apple iPhone XR, a force restart is done like this:
- Quickly press the volume up button.
- Then press and quickly release the volume down button.
- Finally, press and hold the Power button on the side of the phone until the Apple logo appears.
You may find this a bit complicated at first, but when you get used to it, you’ll consider it one of the simplest smartphone routines.
How to reset network settings on Apple iPhone XR
It is generally necessary to perform this reset when dealing with network-related issues on iOS devices, especially iPhones. It solves relevant issues such as calling problems, Wi-Fi connection errors, and signal issues to name a few. Even Bluetooth connectivity issues in iOS devices are dealt with by resetting network settings.
Here’s how to do it:
- From the home screen, tap Settings.
- Next, tap Normal.
- Scroll down to continue and then tap Reset.
- Select the option to reset network settings.
- If prompted, enter the correct passcode for your device.
- Then tap on the option to confirm the network settings reset.
How to reset all settings on Apple iPhone XR
This reset erases all customized settings from the iPhone, with iOS being in conflict and triggering the application or device to work only. Unlike master reset or factory reset, resetting all settings via this method does not cause data loss because it does not affect any saved data on the phone’s internal memory. Here’s how it works:
- Go to the home screen then tap on Settings.
- Tap on General.
- Scroll down and then tap on Reset.
- Tap to select the option to reset all settings.
- Enter your device passcode when prompted to continue.
- Then tap on the option to confirm all settings reset.
Allow your iPhone to reset and then restart automatically upon completion. After the reset, the factory default is loaded, so you need to set it to a new form.
Factory reset on iPhone XR via iTunes on computer
This is an alternative way to factory reset an iPhone XR that does not freeze, get stuck, or react when touched. To accomplish this, the use of a computer is required. A Windows PC or Mac computer will do so as long as it runs on later or newer platforms and installs the latest version of iTunes software. Here’s how it works.
- Open iTunes on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone XR to your computer using the supplied USB cable or Lightning cable.
- If asked to trust your computer to this computer, follow the onscreen instructions to proceed.
- Select your iPhone XR when shown in iTunes.
- Then, navigate to the Summary section on the left side of the iTunes screen.
- To reset iOS, click the Restore [iPhone Name] button.
- If prompted, click the confirmation button again. iTunes will then be prompted to erase your device and then install the latest software version available.
Wait until the factory settings reset is complete. Your iPhone should restart automatically when the reset ends. Until then, you can proceed with the initial setup process and give your iPhone XR a facelift.