How to change the name on Facebook through Website and Mobile App?
Facebook is a social media app made for a public profile, explicitly created for brands, celebrities, and companies. You can gain an unlimited number of friends who may support you to achieve your goals. Sometimes you would be able to find your partner through Facebook. Now let’s go to the topic of “How to change the name on Facebook through Website and Mobile App?”
As we all know, more than a billion users worldwide are using Facebook and sharing their information. It’s essential to have minimum personal information to make an account. Can you edit your name on Facebook? Facebook customer support is not needed for this. It allows you to complete the task following few steps.
Now, if you already have a Facebook profile or a Facebook page, you have to change the name of your Facebook profile or page for some reason. No need to be worry anymore. Easily you can change it following few easy steps. In the true sense, this is a new feature for the Facebook app.
It was not able to change the Facebook name until recent years. At the current moment, Facebook has reduced its rules and regulations. With these new features from 2020, it’s easier than previously to replace a Facebook profile name.
Remember, if you are going to change the name of your Facebook page, you should be the admin of that page; then only you can ask to replace your page name. But in the case of your profile, quickly, you can change it without any issue.
The reason that you think to change the name on the Facebook app?
You may have made some words mistakes or simple capital errors while typing your name on Facebook, or you need to enter your nickname or any attractive name on your Facebook account; this guide will allow you to do that easily.
How to change the name on Facebook through the Website?
Go through below mentioned steps.
- Using your browser, first enter the Facebook website.
2. Then sign in to the Facebook account.
3. Tap on the arrow icon and choose Settings & Privacy > Settings.
4. Click the Edit button, which has your name.
5. Change the name
6. Tap the review change button.
- Give your password
- Confirm using the Save Changes button.
How do you change your name on Facebook mobile?
Now you have a clear idea about how to edit your name on Facebook using a browser. If you need to change your Facebook name using a mobile app, follow the below-mentioned steps. There is no significant difference whether you are using an iPhone or Android phone. All actions are the same.
How to change your name on Facebook android? & How to change your name on Facebook on your iPhone?
- First, go to the Facebook app from your mobile phone.
- Click three lines on the top corner of the app.
3. Choose the settings & Privacy under the Settings.
4. Select Personal Information and the Name.
5. Replace the name with your new name.
6. Tap the Review Change
7. Enter the password.
8. The last thing you have to do is save the change.
The thing that happens after changing the Facebook name
After solving the problem to “how do you update your name on Facebook?” The next question is, what will happen after that? The only thing that happens after changing your name is seeing a new username after your profile picture when you change the displaying name. Your friends will see a new username after your profile picture when you change your name. This will not affect your remaining friend list. Apart from that, this will not act to your messages on Messenger.
Any issues in changing the name on Facebook?
Though you try to change your Facebook name, you might get some issues regarding that.
1] When your name is not under the Facebook terms and conditions.
2] When you have changed it within the last two weeks.
3] If you are a frequent changer of your name on Facebook
4) Though you have asked to confirm the Facebook name, if you missed it or forgot to do it, Facebook will not allow you to change the Facebook name.
How many times can you change the Facebook name?
Well, according to the Facebook policies, you only can change your Facebook name once per two months. Though you try to replace your name too often, they will not allow you to change it. Therefore, try to choose the name wisely in the long-term satisfied manner.
If your friends search for your old name, what will happen?
After you completely replacing your Facebook profile name or Facebook page name, the confusion of your mind is what can happen when someone searches your old Facebook name?
If you still need your fans or customers to search your page, but you identify that not everyone will know you have changed the name.
According to the Facebook representative confirmations, when someone texts your previous Facebook page name in the search bar, your last page name will still show.
On the Facebook page, when a customer or another person clicks the name, they will see your old name with the help of Facebook customization.
But with time, Facebook search engines will recognize your name and appear after your friend searching the title. So it’s essential to know about those things after changing the Facebook name.
You may be stuck when changing your Facebook page name didn’t work?
The reasons are,
- You haven’t waited three business days. Usually, they will take three days to recheck and apply page naming changes. So if you haven’t stayed at least three days, you may be in trouble when changing your Facebook page name.
- According to the Facebook page policies, sometimes your page has been flagged. Common reasons for this condition are not following the Facebook page name rules or following illegal activities to earn more likes.
- When your Facebook page has a lot of likes, it’s challenging to change the name. If your page has more than 200 likes, you can’t change the name if you are the page’s admin.
- There are some limits according to the terms and conditions of the Facebook page. But these limits are not always bad.