How to Fix Error 9006 When Restoring iPhone
How to Fix Error 9006 or iTunes error 9006 is a software issue that crops up when trying to restore or update an iPhone. It also appears while trying to download the software on an iPhone or iPad. The error message shows that “there was a problem downloading software” and that “an unknown error occurred (9006).” This appears as an “err = 9006” message over the frozen download or update window. We will learn here how to fix error 9006.
What causes error 9006?
How to resolve iTunes error 9006?
- Ensure that you have a working internet connection. Keep your device connected.
- Quit iTunes. Close the app.
4. Restart your computer.
5. Disable anti-virus software and firewalls, if you are using any. This is only temporary: you can activate them again once error 9006 is fixed.
- Go to your system directory and locate the failed IPSW files. They should be available in any of the paths: ~/Library/iTunes/ or ~/Library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates depending on your device and the version.
- Manually delete the old IPSW files from iTunes.
- Use the IPSW files to directly update them, or redownload them.