Everything You Need To Know About Your WhatsApp DP
What is WhatsApp DP?
DP is the short form of “Display Picture.” A DP on any social media platform is the picture that is displayed alongside an individual profile. A DP is found on platforms like Facebook, Instagram as well as WhatsApp. The picture that is displayed alongside your profile on WhatsApp is your WhatsApp DP.
Your WhatsApp DP or Display Picture is seen by a user when you send them a message or when they check out your WhatsApp profile.
How to set your WhatsApp DP?
Setting your WhatsApp DP is a simple process. Follow the following easy steps:
- Launch WhatsApp on your smartphone or the web (WhatsApp Web)
2. Select the three dots on the right-hand corner of the screen
3. Select “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
4. On the top of the new set of menus, your profile picture will appear alongside your name and status. You can edit all three.
5. To set or change your WhatsApp DP, click on the circle beside your name.
6. Click on the camera icon right below the large circle where your WhatsApp DP will appear.
7. From the given options, you can either take a picture using the camera on your device or you can choose a photo saved in your gallery.
8. Once you have selected the photo, crop it according to your preferences.
9. Tap on “Done” when you have finished. Your new WhatsApp DP will have been set.
Who can see your WhatsApp DP?
You can choose who can see your WhatsApp DP. You can make it visible to all or only to those contacts which are saved on your phone. Alternatively, you can choose not to share it with anyone at all.
- Go to the Settings option on WhatsApp as mentioned above.
- Select “Account” under the drop-down menu
- Choose “Privacy”
- Tap on “Profile photo” and choose who can see your WhatsApp DP
Who has seen your WhatsApp DP?
The latest updates to WhatsApp does not permit you to see who has seen your WhatsApp DP. Similarly, if you check out somebody’s WhatsApp DP, that person has no way of knowing it. All you can control is the people who can see it depending upon whom you have granted permission through your Settings.
However, if you have your “Read receipts” option turned on, you can see if someone has read your messages or not. This is indicated by blue double ticks beside the message.
How to get the latest WhatsApp DP images?
You can choose to put up your own picture as your WhatsApp DP—a selfie or any other picture of your choice. Some people put up pictures of their families or nice group photos too. You may also put up some other kind of art that reflects your personality. Or you may put up a quote or a meme too, depending upon your whim.
There are many websites that offer free images to download and use as your WhatsApp DP. Check out Pinterest, or even a simple Google image search based on the theme you are looking for will give you plenty of interesting options to choose from.