Why do I Need Vpn and choose the correct Vpn and set up Vpn in your phone in just few minutes
It’s over. After a long epidemic year, you return to the airport or coffee shop and you will have to use WiFi in public and save your phone data plan, but you are worried about a secure connection. You may have heard of VPNs but they seem complicated and expensive.
What do you do?
Don’t worry. VPNs are easier to use than you think and more expensive than you hear. Here’s how to get a VPN on your iPhone or Android phone – and get back to safe browsing in few minutes.
Why do I need a VPN on my phone?
Does your phone have up-to-date and running versions of Internet-connected applications released after 201? About your operating system – is it the latest version of Android or iOS? If the answer to any of these is “I don’t know”, you should use a VPN on your phone if possible. Malicious artists may find it difficult to take advantage of daily users on public Wi-Fi, but outdated software can provide the clout needed to steal passwords from your highly sensitive accounts.
If you are concerned about sensitive work emails, bank account balances, or the risk of using public Wi-Fi to verify airline tickets and passport information, a VPN can give you some peace of mind. Some of our top options include ExpressVPN, SurfShark, and NordVPN.
Choose the best mobile VPN
Whether you’re using an iPhone or an Android device, your first step is the same: find a VPN that suits your device. Here’s how:
1. Browse the list of the best VPNs for iPhone and the best VPNs for Android. If your goal is to safely browse public Wi-Fi, look for a VPN service that has a server in your current country. The general rule of thumb is closer to the hardware, faster connection.
2 Ignore free VPN. We prefer a 300-day guarantee and a-day trial period (and you’ll find many of them) but a completely free VPN is rarely secure and often the only way to capture your data is through unreliable companies.
If you want to invest in a VPN for a long time, you need more than 10 minutes of research. But when you’re ready to take a deeper dive, some website or platform like CNET has a review of some of the biggest players in the VPN space and has guidelines on how to choose the right VPN for you.
How to use VPN on Android phone
You have now chosen the VPN that you want to use and follow these steps to run on an Android device:
1. Open the Google Play Store app on your phone and tap the search bar at the top of the screen.
2 Type the name of the VPN you want to use and select it from the list of applications. Check with the app’s creator to make sure you’re downloading an official app instead of a copy. Company name and application maker must match. Click Install and wait for the app to download.
3. Once the VPN app is installed, leave the Google Play Store and click on your VPN app and return it to open on your phone’s home screen.
4. The first time you open a paid VPN application you will be asked to provide information about your login or sign up for the service. If you are asked to sign up using an email address (which is the case for almost all services), check your email for a confirmation link from your new VPN provider.
The process will basically be the same for all the applications : you will be asked to choose your choice and paid subscription level. We always recommend choosing a service that has a 0-day return policy so you can test-drive services until you find the one you like.
Android devices require additional steps to keep any VPN running permanently in the background. We do not recommend this for most users – a VPN running around drains your battery quickly, and if you have a VPN provider that takes customers’ data, you may soon be forced to limit your data.
This means that by default, any new VPN only opens and launches the application you are using. Remember to turn it off once the browse is finished.
How to use VPN on iPhone
Here’s how to run a VPN on your Apple iPhone:
1. Go to your home screen on your iPhone and tap to open the App Store.
2. Tap the Search tab at the bottom right of the screen, then tap the search box near the top of the screen.
3. Type the name of the VPN you have chosen and select it from the pop-up list. Then tap the Gate button to the right of the application name. Like any other app, you need to confirm the app installation with your passcode, Touch ID, or Face ID.
4. When you can install, close the App Store and return to your home screen.
5. Just like using VPN for the first time on Android, using VPN for the first time on iPhone will prompt you to create a new account and choose your favorite membership level. If you signed up using an email address, check your email inbox for any confirmation links from your VPN provider.
Almost all VPN applications prompt you to connect to automatically selected servers based on your location to enable faster browsing. Anytime you want to use your VPN from here, you have to tap the VPN icon on your home screen, click on the app button to connect before you start browsing the internet, then go back to the VPN app and when you turn it off.