How to Change IP Address on Android Learn More Step By Step
The internet is not a safe place! Depending upon your online activity, a lot of sensitive information about you is available for the person or persons looking for it. But did you know that there is a way around this? You can do what you please on the internet and still be invisible—for the most part, at least! Learn how to change your IP address on android, and you will become untraceable. Have a working knowledge of how to find your IP address and how to change the IP address on Android devices as well.
We are increasingly using the internet for various reasons, and even carry out bill payments, online banking, online shopping, and whatnot. Cybercriminals and hackers are always on the prowl to steal your data and bring you harm. If they manage to track your IP address, they can steal your identity, bank details, sensitive passwords, email addresses, and cause unwanted harm in a number of ways. There are several ways to avoid this. Learn here how to hide your IP address and even change IP address on Android.
What is an IP address?
The IP address of a computer or a mobile device is a unique 32-bit code that identifies that particular computer or device. This address is in a numerical format and it is used by the network to communicate between devices on that network.
Your Internet Service Provider or ISP assigns you your IP address when you sign up for their service. An IP address can be of two types: static or dynamic. A static IP address is fixed and never changes. It is dedicated to a single device and acts as a personal IP address. A dynamic one is subject to change whenever the connection resets or whenever the device connects to a new network.
Why should you change your IP address?
There are many reasons to consider changing your IP address. Some of them are data security, online privacy, accessing websites and online services which are restricted based on location. You can hide your IP address using a VPN and enjoy several benefits like:
- Access websites that are blocked based on locality: Your government or ISP may have blocked certain content. With a VPN, by hiding your IP address or by changing it, you can access them without any hitch.
- Prevent hacking: You can protect your data by changing your IP address. This will keep all your sensitive information secure and prevent harm caused by hacking by cybercriminals.
- Go incognito: We unwittingly sign up for several websites that keep asking for our email addresses and other details. Change your IP address and become anonymous. Keep yourself safe from identity theft and prevent creation of fake profiles using your information.
- Open multiple accounts on a single website: Some websites have restrictions on the number of accounts you can create. By using a VPN and changing your IP address, you can bypass this and create multiple accounts on any single website.
Find the IP address of your Android device
The first step is to find the IP address of your Android phone or tablet. Go to Settings > About Phone > Status. Scroll down and you will find that the IP address of your device is displayed therein. This is the local IP address of your Android.
Change IP address on Android with VPN
To change your IP address on Android devices using VPN, follow the below steps:
- Sign up and create a PureVPN
- On your Android device, open Google Play. Download and install the PureVPN for Android
- After installation, open the app and log in with your credentials.
- Choose the country of your choice that you want your IP address to reflect, and tap “Connect”
- You can check out your new IP address along with location by visiting sites like https://whatismyipaddress.com/ from your device.
Change IP address on Android without VPN
If you are not comfortable using a VPN, there is an alternative method too. You need to be connected to a Wi-Fi network for this method to work. Here is how you can change your IP address without using a VPN:
- On your Android device, go to Settings > Wireless & Networks (or Network & Internet, depending on your device)
- Tap on “Wi-Fi”
- Tap and hold the wireless network you are connected to, for more options to pop up
- Go to Modify Network > Advanced options