How to show offline from online to Facebook
When you login to Facebook, users on your friends list see it. Facebook’s ‘Activity Status’ feature also shows how long ago you were active on Facebook. This allows friends to understand when you can be contacted.
But suppose you are logged in to Facebook for some work. Or for whatever reason, even if you hit Facebook, you don’t want to let people on your friends list know. In those cases, the activity status can be turned off. Then it will show you ‘offline’ even if it is online. You can do this in two ways – from the website and from the app.
How to show offline from online to Facebook from Website – How to do it ?
- Login to Facebook.
2. Click on the ‘Messenger’ icon in the upper right.
3. From the drop-down menu, click on the three-dot option icon next to Messenger.
4. Clicking on ‘Turn off Active Status’ will no longer show you online.
How to show offline from online to Facebook from smartphone – How to do it ?
- Open the Messenger app on the smartphone.
- Tap your profile picture next to ‘Chats’ in the upper left.
- Now select ‘Active Status’.
5. Disabling the toggle button above will no longer show you online.
If you want to turn on active status again, you have to repeat the above steps. Another thing is, if you turn off Active Status, you won’t be able to see if your friends are online.