Who is allowed to comment on Facebook post or not? Here’s how to control it.
On Facebook, you can control your posts in public (everyone can see), friends (only friends can see), certain friends can only see or you can see only yourself. Now you can control who gets to comment on your published posts.
Most of the time when a post goes viral, unnecessary and unwanted comments comes. Now this new comment control feature will prevent such comments to some extent.
This feature will be very useful when you want only friends and relatives to be able to comment on any of your posts or no one can comment on any post.
You May Also Like: Instructions to share Facebook posts – How to Make a Facebook Post Shareable
Comment control feature is not new on social media. But it has taken a long time to come to Facebook.
Instagram, another app of the Facebook Company, has been available for a long time to control the comments coming in posts and stories. Just last year, Twitter rolled out a feature that limited replies to certain tweets.
How to control your Facebook comments?
- First open the Facebook app on your mobile and go to the three striped menu button in the right corner.
- Scroll down a bit and tap on Settings within Settings & Privacy.
- Now scroll down and enter the public post under Privacy.
- Make public the ‘Who Can Follow Me’ at the beginning.
- Now go to public post comment and choose who can comment on your published post (public, friends of friends or friends).
- Now scroll down again and go to Public Profile Info. In it, you can choose who you like, comment on your always public profile picture, profile video, cover photo, feature photo and bio (public, friends of friends or friends).
You May Also Like: How to find someone’s Facebook account without changing password
How to control Facebook post comments separately?
- First, open the Facebook app on your mobile.
- Go to the post you want to control the comment and click on the three dots in the top right corner.
- Now select the option of ‘Who can comment on your post’.
- You can choose the public, friends or profile or page that you have mentioned within it.
Once you set this up, only the selected person or page will be able to comment on your post. This will prevent strangers from commenting on certain posts.